Mental Health Resources
For General Public:
- If you are experiencing an emotional crisis and need immediate assistance, please contact the Gerstein Centre, 24/7 Distress Line at 416-929-5200.
- If you are in distress or need emotional support, you can contact Toronto Distress Centre, 24/7 Crisis Support line at 416-408-4357
- ConnexOntario offers free mental health services to adults on a range of issues
- Connect with a licensed therapist for mental health help online through Maple. or talk with a licensed, professional therapist online through BetterHelp,
- Other services are the InkBloththerapy, or the Skylark Clinic, both of which offer counselling over the phone.
- You can also contact your family doctor/GP for a telephone consult.
For Post Secondary Students:
- To speak with a trained counsellor by phone at any time, please call the Good2Talk 24/7 line for post-secondary students at 1-866-925-5454. Visit good2talk.ca, for further details.
- Campus Mental Health COVID resources
For Ryerson University Students:
- Links to mental health and wellbeing resources can be found here
For Ryerson University Staff and Faculty:
- Links to mental health and wellbeing resources can be found here.
What we heard:
1. Slickly produced vignette: Envoy Office Hacks
https://envoy.com/blog/office-hack-4/ 0:00 to 3:25
2. Soundscaping and narration: Meet the TPL Innovator in Residence
3. Non-narrated: Ryerson Rewind
0:00 to 1:40
4. Creative/niche: Sleep With Me
5:50 to 6:41
5. Personal diary: Seneca Journalism
https://soundcloud.com/noah-van-halteren/vanhalteren-noah-jrn214scc-podcastfinalversion Start at 1 min and go until 2:00
Record with phone. Then convert audio to mp3 or wav https://online-audio-converter.com/
Upload to: https://soundcloud.com/
A classic: Interaction of Color by Josef Albers (book)
Cultural history of colour: The Story of Colour: An Exploration of the Hidden Messages of the Spectrum by Gavin Evans (book)
An introduction for photographer:
For testing a colour palette:
Focus and Depth of Field
A good primer for smartphones: https://thesmartphonephotographer.com/how-smartphone-cameras-focus/
The Queen of Soft Portrait: Julia Margaret Cameron
Light and Shadow
A classic: Ansel Adams’ Zone System explained and translated for the digital world
The basics: understanding light:
A primer on how to use shadows creatively: https://expertphotography.com/shadow-photography-tips/
If you want to see more of my cat: @lbutetroch
Women photographers around the world: @wpthejournal
Fun Still lives